Therapist – Brevard County
Therapist – Brevard County (Palm Bay & Cocoa)
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Orlando, FL
Friends of Children and Families is seeking a qualified candidate to provide therapy to at-risk youth in our residential group homes in both Cocoa and Palm Bay. Must be available for On-call evenings, weekends, and Holidays.
- Completes required documentation within specified timeframes.
- Provides individual, group and family counseling.
- Oversees implementation of the treatment plan, and monitors overall course of treatment
- Trains the direct care staff: new hire training, ongoing training and training on the components of the individualized treatment plan.
- Participates in weekly treatment team meetings
- Schedules psychiatric appointments for clients, as needed.
- Consults with children, parents, social workers, caseworkers and DSP’s for the child’s welfare.
- Available to be On- call for afterhours placement and provide support for clinical emergencies. Must be available for On-call evenings, weekends, and Holidays.
- Reviews medication logs of assigned clients weekly, ensuring correct medication administration and dosage.
- Knowledgeable in and complies with the updated Medicaid policy and procedures and maintains clients Medicaid files ensuring complete review and filing of all pertinent documents.
- Adheres to contract standards including completion of reports in a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: We understand the importance that every provider, parent and employee plays in the success of our mission to protect and inspire every child, every day. An essential function of all employees is to provide excellent customer service by being professional and respectful in all interactions each and every day. It is also expected that all employees are timely and responsive in their communication with others.
Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, rehabilitation, special education or in a related human services field. Two years related field experience or internship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Masks are required in the group homes.