Residential Manager – Palm Bay
Residential Manager- Palm Bay
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Orlando, FL
Friends of Children and Families is seeking a Residential Manager to oversee our residential group home in Palm Bay.
MUST BE AVAILABLE EVENINGS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Directs programmatic operations at Friends of Children and Families.
- Interviewing, training and scheduling all direct support staff.
- Supervising all staff and clients at the group homes as assigned by the Administrative team.
- Available to be On-Call at least 2 (two) weeks/weekends per month.
- Leads, motivates, and evaluates staff to ensure program quality, and program staff development in meeting program expectations.
- Oversees and coordinates program efforts to ensure a team-driven process involving caregivers, youth, families, and community services working together to develop, implement, and provide quality services.
- Ensure program objectives and outcomes are being met on a day-to-day basis and provide consultation, coaching, and feedback as necessary while monitoring the progress made in achieving programmatic objectives.
- Participates in budget preparation and monitoring financial information for program services; communicates financial information with the appropriate personnel and ensures performance within the program budgets.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and partnerships with community stakeholders, agencies, and public and private officials to advocate for youth and families while representing Friends in a professional manner.
- Administers policies and oversees program compliance with contractual, licensing, and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct pop-up visits for all shifts
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with DCF Regulations.
- Assists Clinical team in reviewing placement.
- Ensuring incident reports, workers daily logs, files, and all other records are submitted per contract guidelines and are stored in the appropriate places, per HIPPA.
- Ensuring budget reports and receipts are submitted accurately per Friends policy.
- Assist with case management as required.
- Oversees cleanliness of home, premises, and vehicles.
- Oversees fire drills are conducted monthly, within 24 hours of new client’s admission; entries are accurately recorded and maintained in the fire log, and turned in monthly.
- Provide a safe environment for the children where no incidents of abuse or neglect occur.
- Ensuring that the reward system is followed in the group home.
- Report any unusual circumstances to the Administrator staff within 24 hours.
- Debrief and document with staff after all incidents.
- Assist in developing and implementing a recreational tract that includes components of treatment goals. Initiates group outings, networks with outside resources, and provides opportunities for fun and enjoyment.
- Oversee the tracking of the community activities for the group home.
- Provide coverage to home as needed.
*Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of state and local agencies and regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Knowledge of organizational strategies and ability to apply those strategies in practice.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully lead a team of associates.
- Knowledge of the Friends Model.*
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, or related field, OR 3 to 5 years of experience including management, administration, and social services.
Friends of Children and Families is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 – $36,500.00 per year