When a youth has been abused and/or neglected, they often find it difficult to trust others. Our Mentoring Program matches at-risk youth with a caring adult who wants to make a positive impact on a young person’s life. The Mentor provides the youth with guidance and support, and helps them learn how to deal with the challenges and obstacles they may face.
Youth who participate in the Mentoring Program will receive the following services and benefits:
- Weekly contact with a Mentor, that can have a life-long impact
- Participation in creative and recreational activities
- Opportunity for career exploration
- Help with academic performance
- Assistance with development of Independent Living Skills
All Mentors participating in the program are required to have extensive background checks and be willing to commit to be a Mentor for a minimum of one (1) year. All Mentors receive ongoing training and support.
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor, please complete our on-line application, and someone will be in contact with you shortly.