Current Employment Opportunities
Direct Support Professional (DSP)**BONUS**
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Orlando, FL
Friends of Children and Families will be implementing a discretionary bonus structure for full time DSP’s. This will provide an opportunity to earn an additional $500 every 6 months!
Locations: Cocoa, Oviedo, Palm Bay, and Union Park
As a DSP, you will provide care for abused and neglected youth that have been placed in foster care. In a group home setting, you will assist in implementing treatment goals to ensure that health, nutritional, educational, social and recreational needs of the youth are met. You will be responsible for transporting youth, in a company vehicle, to activities such as; school, medical appointments and recreational outings. The ability to establish positive relationships is imperative to this position in order to be successful in delivering assistance with necessary tasks such as homework and independent living skills. This position requires cooking, light cleaning, distribution of medications and proficiency with email and computer use.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, ability to pass a level II background check, ability to pass a drug screening.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be available to work 4:00pm- 12:00am or 12:00am- 8:00am
- In addition, all DSP’s are required to attend in service trainings and maintain 40 hours of continuing education units per year. Full-time associates will be eligible for coverage under the provisions of our benefits program. This includes 75% coverage for employee Health, 50% Dental, and 100% Life insurance.
- Benefits are effective 90 days from your start date.
- In addition to the insurance benefits, you will receive 10 PTO days and 5 Sick days annually. Both PTO and Sick time are accrued bi-weekly. Also, Friends observes 9 holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour