Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Orlando, FL
We are looking for a responsible Administrative/HR Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and HR tasks.
- Utilize keen sense of detail to ensure reporting is consistent, accurate and on time. Ensure notes are clear, concise and without error
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities using proper grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Establishing and maintaining effective, courteous and cooperative working relationships with team members, staff and vendors, providing thorough explanation of documents needed or requested
- Adept at prioritizing, multi-tasking, and problem-solving in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Flexible and adaptable to frequent change
- Strong ability to follow up and follow through on assigned projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Provide social networking support as needed, ensuring all information is updated and correct; i.e. Facebook and website.
- Assist and support management in the performance of daily tasks to include but not limited to; filing, document creation/revision, reception and telephone support.
- Maintain current database files for training logs and expiration dates, employee phone list and employee birthday list.
- Provide support and assistance on special projects, as needed.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Place supply orders and OTC orders
- Assist with IT troubleshooting
- Help maintain case management database
- Assist with Medicaid billing
- Process referrals for outpatient counseling program
- Keeps the CEO regularly informed
- Maintains CEO’s calendar and scheduling
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Record minutes for weekly Admin meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resource Duties
- Assists with the new hire background screening process and assures background screening compliance to state and federal licensing requirements
- Prepare, conduct and track pre-employment background screenings, including but not limited to, drug screens, motor vehicle reports, civil and local criminal background investigations, among others, insuring on-time completion and filing. Obtain clearances from background screening clearinghouses for applicants.
- Assists with conducting annual and as needed background screenings for current staff, contractors and volunteers
- Assist with monthly completion of DCF background log
- Coordinate the applicant progress during the pre-hire portion of the employment lifecycle
- Maintain applicant tracking spreadsheet
- Schedule interviews, new hire training and CPR/First Aid training
- Set up cell phones and laptops for new hires
- Process and follow up as needed on required employment professional and personal references
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality and discretion and exhibit reliable attendance in accordance with organizational and departmental policies
- Provide quality prompt and quality customer service to applicants on their employment status
- Customer Service: We understand the importance that every provider, parent and employee play in the success of our mission to protect and inspire every child, every day. An essential function of all employees is to provide excellent customer service by being professional and respectful in all interactions each and every day. It is also expected that all employees are timely and responsive in their communication with others.
Experience, education, or training in office support. Must possess administrative and organizational skills, strong computer skills in all Microsoft products and well written/verbal communications skills. HR and level II background screening experience strongly preferred. Highschool diploma.
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance (Employer pays 50% of individual coverage), Employee assistance program, Health insurance (Employer pays 70% of individual coverage), Life insurance (100% paid by employer), Paid time off, Vision insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.50 – $16.00 per hour