Salary: $55,000 to $62,000
Employer pays 80% coverage for employee Health, 50% Dental, and 100% Life insurance. Benefits are effective 90 days from your start date. In addition to the insurance benefits, you will receive 10 PTO days and 12 Sick days annually. Both PTO and Sick time are accrued bi-weekly. Also, Friends observes 9 holidays.
Reporting to Executive Director, the Director of Development and Marketing will spearhead development and constituent support (agencies, organizations, partners, funding sources, and citizens) efforts as Friends of Children and Families, Inc. continue to grow. A new and key position in the organization, the Director of Development must identify and secure constituency support and build strong partnership relationships to build an effective business development function.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy for fund raising with the Board of Directors.
- Major Gift/Donor- Produce major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain donors. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits. Successfully meet an annual fundraising goal set on a yearly basis and consistent for achieving programmatic outcome measures.
- Effectively manage and develop board members to become an effective, high performance board that embraces a fundraising culture. Responsible for managing board development activities including identification, recruitment, orientation, involvement, evaluation and recognition. At the request of the Executive Director, makes presentations to the Board regarding Development goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Develop and implement an annual development plan that utilizes evidenced-based strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of individual, foundation, corporate and civic and faith prospects and donors.
- Meet with individual donors, corporations, foundations, and community leaders, to share the Friends of Children and Families’ message and articulate the need for funding support. Actively represent the organization at speaking engagements, attendance at community events and membership in appropriate organizations.
- Work with staff to ensure marketing and public relation efforts are aligned with fundraising and development efforts.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of development including gift policies, solicitation, stewardship, donor recognition, and administration.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy such as social media, newsletters, etc.
- Maintains files and records on prospects/donors on approved donor software.
- Overseeing organization of special events.
- Managing and cultivating fundraising volunteers.
- In cooperation with Executive Director, foster relationship with foundations and other grantors, and help strategize grant proposals.
- Develop and maintain grant management systems and related policies and procedures. Research grant prospects, writing and proposal development.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in non-profit management or business administration
- Five or more years of experience in fund development for a nonprofit organization.
- Prefer a candidate with knowledge of community resources and relationship within the Central Florida region.
- Documented history of successful fundraising and Board development. Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving.
- Experience with the Benevon Model and event management preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize the agency philosophy and to communicate the concept to others with passion and with desired results. Ability to motivate and inspire others to believe in the organization’s mission.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to facilitate large and small group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of constituent relationship management databases.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel within Central Florida geographic area and attend functions with flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
- Will have to pass a Level 2 background check.
Sitting: 30% Standing: 30% Walking: 60% Lifting: 10% Carrying: 10% Kneeling: 10%
Pushing/Pulling: — Bending/Stooping — Climbing: — Reaching: N Crawling/Crouching: —
Repetitive Motions: N Other: Driving
Friends of Children and Families is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by