Residential House Parent- Live In 24/7
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Orlando, FL
Live In Residential House Parent (24/7) (Orlando)
House Parent- Friends of Children and Families is a non-profit agency that provides care for children between the ages of 6-17, who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. We are in need of House Parents to move and live in one of our group homes. Job duties include but are not limited to; helping with meal preparation, social activities, homework and assist in the intake process. Client confidentiality is mandated and individuals will adhere to all licensing requirements. Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements: have a High School Diploma or GED, have a valid drivers license, submit to background check , drug testing, motor vehicle check and be available to move in and live in the home on a full time basis. House Parents are paid $23,660 per year. Benefits are available after 90 days of full-time employment and include health insurance and vacation accrual. Experience with children preferred. This is a live- in 24 hour position, 7 days a week with 5 consecutive days/nights off a month.
*House Parent Compensation:
Base Salary- $23,660
Room and Board – $7,200 (paid directly by Friends)
Benefits after 90 days – $5,582 (portion paid by Friends)
Total annual compensation/benefits – $36,442
• This is at a non-profit organization.
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
• Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Salary: $23,660.00 /year
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Oviedo, FL AND Cocoa, FL
Qualified Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience working with the targeted population, or have a Bachelor’s degree in the social services field from an accredited college or university with at least 2 years of experience working with the targeted population. In addition,
qualified candidates must successfully pass all state, local, and federal background checks, pass a drug screen and have a clean driving record.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
• Provides care for at-risk children who have emotional and/or behavioral difficulties to ensure that health, nutritional, educational, social, and recreational needs are met.
• Participates in the development and implementation of treatment goals as directed by the Clinical Staff
• Completes intake packets and orientation for children entering the program
• Dispenses medications and completes medication logs accurately
• Utilizes company vehicle to transport children to medical appointments, activities, or family visits
• Facilitates and supervises recreational activities in the home or community as approved by Supervisor
• Documents child’s behavior and emotional status on a daily basis, and communicates findings in written form to Clinical Staff
• Establishes a positive relationship with children in care, while utilizing evidence based therapeutic interventions as directed by Clinical Staff.
• Provides assistance with homework and study time
• Completes incident reports timely and accurately
• Follows menus provided and ensures that meals are prepared following the food program guidelines
• Ensures the cleanliness of house, premises, and vehicle
• Provides a safe environment for the children where no incidents of abuse or neglect occur.
• Follows on-call process and procedures, and is able to provide crisis interventions as needed.DSP Cont.
• Participates in Clinical Staffing and in-service training as needed or required
• Maintains client confidentiality (HIPPA)
• Provides coverage to the other group homes as needed.
• Has proficiency with email and computer use.
• Completes additional duties, as assigned by Supervisor
Hourly Compensation: $10.00 – $12.50
As a full-time associate you will be eligible for coverage under the provisions of our benefits program. This includes 80% coverage for employee Health, 50% Dental, and 100% Life insurance. Benefits are effective 90 days from your start date.
In addition to the insurance benefits, you will receive 10 PTO days and 12 Sick days annually. Both PTO and Sick time are accrued bi-weekly. Also, Friends observes 9 holidays.