Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Friends of Children and Families, Inc. – Cocoa, FL
Qualified Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience working with the targeted population, or have a Bachelor’s degree in the social services field from an accredited college or university with at least 2 years of experience working with the targeted population. In addition, qualified candidates must successfully pass all state, local, and federal background checks, pass a drug screen and have a clean driving record.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
•Provides care for at-risk children who have emotional and/or behavioral difficulties to ensure that health, nutritional, educational, social, and recreational needs are met.
• Participates in the development and implementation of treatment goals as directed by the Clinical Staff
• Completes intake packets and orientation for children entering the program
• Dispenses medications and completes medication logs accurately
• Utilizes company vehicle to transport children to medical appointments, activities, or family visits
• Facilitates and supervises recreational activities in the home or community as approved by Supervisor
• Documents child’s behavior and emotional status on a daily basis, and communicates findings in written form to Clinical Staff
• Establishes a positive relationship with children in care, while utilizing evidence based therapeutic interventions as directed by Clinical Staff.
• Provides assistance with homework and study time
• Completes incident reports timely and accurately
• Follows menus provided and ensures that meals are prepared following the food program guidelines
• Ensures the cleanliness of house, premises, and vehicle
• Provides a safe environment for the children where no incidents of abuse or neglect occur.
• Follows on-call process and procedures, and is able to provide crisis interventions as needed.
• Participates in Clinical Staffing and in-service training as needed or required
• Maintains client confidentiality (HIPPA)
• Provides coverage to the other group homes as needed.
• Has proficiency with email and computer use.
• Completes additional duties, as assigned by Supervisor
Hourly Compensation: $10.00 – $12.50
Resumes can be emailed to HR@friendscf.org or faxed to (407)985-1977